About

Saturday, July 15, 2017

NYC - Day 2

Journal entry, Friday, June 9, 2017, "I think I walked more today than I've ever walked in my life. It was worth it!"

I don't really have a journal but that would be the entry if I did. Even with the use of MTA buses and subway, our phone apps registered about 10 miles of walking. So here is where our feet took us:

First stop: New York City Library. You can read it, but you can't check it out - at least not at the main building.




A very happy place for Mr. Lee



Then up 5th Avenue to the beautiful St. Patrick's Cathedral




 After that, across the street to Rockefeller Center.
This time to go to the Top of the Rock.
While we waited our turn, a cup of coffee at
Blue Bottle Coffee. Our son-in-law let us know
later that this is one of the top coffee companies -
we just needed the caffeine!

 Looking south to the Empire State Building


North to Central Park

 A walk to Grand Central Station with entry
via the Grand Central Market





It's a well guarded place.




If you're thinking about going to NY,
go to MoMA on a free Friday.
We enjoyed some well-known pieces of art
but overall, we're glad we didn't have to pay admission.

 Scott working through the crowd for a picture
of Van Gogh's "Starry Night".

 From Monet's Water Lilies series. Scott loved seeing
this. I'm still trying to figure out why impressionist
couldn't color in the lines.

 Salvidor Dali, "The Persistence of Memory"

I have no idea what this piece of art is.
I called it "Red" and enjoyed it.

A bus and subway ride later, we were walking
into Yankee Stadium. #15 for me, 13 for Scott.
One day I'll do a Ballpark post. But not today.


 Looking out to the Bronx.
 After the game, we joined thousands as they
got on the subways. It was a great time as
we discussed and evaluated with fans all around 
us the various ballparks we had all visited. 
Then we got on the most crowded
subway I've ever ridden. I wanted to take a

No comments: